There are several perks to hiring a boat. One can enjoy carefree time on the water without having to think about the down payment or monthly loan on the boat. There are no headaches for seasonal maintenance and also for docking the boat properly so that it can be preserved. Rent a boat and simply enjoy all the good sides in life pertaining to boat holidays. Sometimes, the tow vehicle is also not required for boating. It is one of the best, most entertaining and most enthusiastic ways and also innovative at times to discover a new location at a minimal cost.
The costs of traveling by a boat is half of what you will incur in case you own a boat. Only a significant amount of money can make a fantastic boat vacation. Even with all the fuel and skipper, it is cheaper than improving a boat at one's harbor. Moreover, most of the boat rental agencies offer discounts on renting boats for multiple days. This is especially true during off-season. The tourists really get a great deal. Thus, renting boats during these periods will fetch fantastic deals for the boat travelers.
However, making a truly memorable boating holiday will require some preparation. Here are some suggestions for those who are planning on a boat trip for the next holiday.
- Finding Boat Rental Agency- Finding a boat rental agency is the first step to making a fantastic boat vacation. Searching the web for this purpose is the best thing to do. Search the Internet for boat rentals and a particular destination lake or region. The search engine will come up with results. After getting the contact number from the website, calling them at the office is the best thing. This will help in confirming the existence of the company as well as provide a chance to talk to them regarding their facilities. Even the local marina may have some information on the fleet or they might have a fleet of their own to serve the tourists.
- The Size and Type of Boat- This is the second most important point in renting a boat. Unless one knows about the type of boat he / she wants to hire, there is no point in renting. Size largely depends on the waterway and of course the local rental agencies. There are different types of boats from small ones to larger yachts which can be rented. One must be careful in choosing after determining the number of heads traveling. There are fishing boats as well for those angling enthusiasts. One simply has to communicate with the company properly to find out the best possible match.
- Getting to and from the Boat- There is no point in renting a boat unless you know about the to and from points of the boat. There is high chance that the boat owner will bring a non-motorized boat to the traveler. After all, the vessel will not be equipped in the first place for the trip. If the boat is not non-motorized, then it must be moored at a marina slip. Inquire about that.
- Rental Agreement- Every rental company has some rules and regulations which have been set according to the government laid laws on how to rent and what are the essentials prior to renting. The most important thing is that these rules vary and thus one is required to go through them thoroughly before renting a boat. Moreover, normal wear and tear to the boat is the company problem; However, serious damage or soiling of the boat is not their problem, it is the responsibility of the traveler. Also, it is wise to know about the weather-compelled cancellations.
- Insurance Matters- The rental agency's liability coverage should be listed in the contract that both the parties sign. Ending up signing an unsuitable contract will cost you loads of money. You need to check the document carefully and properly before signing the agreement. If you are not sure about the provisions, ask your attorney to have a look.
- Vessel Check- Before accepting the keys for the boat, one should check for dents, scratches, cracks, stains and even prop damage. Sometimes fittings are loose and even broken. Basically, looking for all these will make you less liable to the rental agency's manipulation regarding money. Ensure that any kind of prior damage in enlisted in the contract to avoid being blamed later on.
- Safety Equipment and Qualified Skipper- Make sure all the safety equipment have been stashed into the boat before set sail. Life jacket is a must while sailing on boat especially on unknown waters. Having a qualified skipper is equally important. The age restriction varies depending on states. Ask the rental agency regarding their rules and beware of flouting them. While a majority of companies almost make you swear that you have some experience with boats, there are others which will want to see your certificates. There are others which provide free instructions before setting on the voyage.