Table of Contents
Work injuries can cause disability and cost you wages and health. If you have been injured at work, you may be wondering if you can file a lawsuit for your injuries. If you were injured on the job, you might be able to file a workers’ compensation claim to get compensation and help cover your medical bills. With the help of an attorney at law workers’ compensation, you can file a lawsuit for a workplace injury.
The Benefits of Filing a Lawsuit for a Work Injury
In some cases, filing a lawsuit may be more beneficial than filing a worker’s compensation claim. There may be other damages you could receive if you file a lawsuit (for example, pain and suffering) that are not available under workers’ compensation law.
- You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits if you show that your injury occurred at work and was caused by an employer’s negligence.
- You will receive money for lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses related to your injury.
- You may also recover damages for pain and suffering or emotional distress caused by your injuries.
If you were injured on the job, contact an experienced attorney immediately. Your lawyer will guide you through the process of filing a lawsuit and help ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Workers’ Compensation Claims
Workers’ compensation claims provide financial benefits for employees unable to work due to injuries and cover medical expenses related to their illnesses. The law protects you from most workplace injuries, whether you’re an employee or an independent contractor. However, if you’re injured on the job, you can file a workers’ compensation claim and get paid by your employer’s insurance carrier as long as:
- You were working for the company at the time of your injury
- The injury occurred during employment
- Your employer provides workers’ compensation coverage for its employees
Steps to Take After a Work Injury
There are several steps you need to take after a work injury, including;
- Get medical treatment immediately
- Report the accident to your employer as soon as possible and file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits
- Notify your union representative or health care provider about the injuries
- Consult with an attorney who specializes in workers’ compensation law
Benefits of Hiring an Attorney At Law Workers Compensation
Workers’ compensation claims can be complex, so hiring an attorney with experience handling these cases is vital. They will be able to help you determine what kind of claim you have and how best to proceed with it.
At Aoudi Law, our attorneys are experienced in handling all types of personal injury cases, including;
- Falls due to faulty equipment or entanglement in machinery
- Slips and falls
- Trampling by animals (e.g., cattle) or equipment (e.g., dump trucks)
- Structural collapse
- Toxic substance or chemical exposure
- Injuries from working in certain environments or with specific machinery
- Electrical accidents
- Wrongful death at work
Get Compensation You Deserve Today
At Aoudi Law, we understand the emotional toll a work injury can take on your life. We also know how frustrating it can be to try to navigate the complicated process of filing a lawsuit for a work injury and trying to get compensation for your injuries. Contact your attorney at law workers compensation to recover compensation for your lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering. They will fight for you in court and help you get your deserved compensation.