Located in Fort del Pilar after Loakan Road, the Philippine Military Academy serves as the training ground for future officers of the Armed Forces of the Philippines. It was then known as “Officers’ School of the Philippine Constabulary when it was still located in Intramuros, Manila.
Tracing The Roots of the Academy
On October 25, 1898, “Academia Militar” was established in Malolos, Bulacan by General Emilio Aguinaldo. Majority of the teachers were former members of the Spanish Guardia Civil handpicked by the government to train Filipino soldiers.
During the establishment of the Commonwealth government, the Philippine Military Academy took over from the Philippine Constabulary Academy through the enactment of the National Defense Act on December 21, 1936. It was authorized to offer and grant Bachelor of Science degrees to its graduates after completing their four year courses.
The curriculum and military training offered by the Philippine Military Academy … Read More