In July 2006 we did a survey of Australian government selection exercises. The results from our government recruitment survey alarming figures, and highlighted that a large number of applicants for government positions do not know what is required when applying for a government job.
The key points in the survey found that:
- Only 10% of applicants are chosen for an interview.
- 31% of applicants were not chosen for an interview because they did not submit a correct application.
So, let's get back to basics. What is required when you submit an application for an Australian government job?
- An application form (unless the department you're applying to does not have an application form).
- A cover letter.
- A resume.
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Any else required by the department or agency that is specified in the selection documentation (eg copies of certifications / qualification, referees etc).
The area that most people … Read More